Data protection policy
In order to provide our services, we need to process your personal data, as described below. We do this with the utmost consideration.
What information do we collect?
Information you give us. You may directly or indirectly give us information about yourself in a variety of ways, such as when you apply for a position at Viendo, contact us, use our website or any other Viendo service where you submit personal data. This may be:
- Personal and contact information – name, date of birth, national identification number, title, address, place of work, email address, mobile phone number.
- Payment information – billing address, bank account number.
Information we collect about you. When you use our services (such as visit our website) or for general business development purposes, we may collect the following information:
- Personal and contact information – name, date of birth, national identification number, title, billing and shipping address, email address, mobile phone number.
- Device information – IP address.
The information you give us, as well as payment information, is generally required to enter into a contractual relationship with us, while the other information we collect is generally necessary to pursue other purposes, as explained below.
What do we do with your information?
Provide, operate and improve our services. All data is used to provide, operate and improve Viendo’s services. Viendo processes personal data for the following purposes and based on the following legal bases:
|Purpose of the processing||Legal basis for the processing (“Why the data processing is necessary”)||Automated decision (Yes/No)|
|To administer the customer relationship, i.e. to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.||Fulfil our contractual obligations towards you||N|
|To asses the viability of candidates for current and future positions in the company||Pursue legitimate interests||N|
|To improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services.||Fulfil our contractual obligations towards you||N|
|To follow up on shown interest for thesis projects and white papers.||Pursue legitimate interests||N|
|To improve our services and for general business development purposes, such as in develop new products and features and explore new business opportunities and partners.||Pursue legitimate interests||N|
|To comply with applicable laws, such as book keeping laws, data protection legislation and other legal requirements.||Comply with applicable laws||N|
Communicate with you. Viendo may also use your data to communicate relevant information regarding used or similar services and to follow up on shown interest via electronic communication channels and by phone. If you do not wish to receive such communication, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who might we share your information with?
We may transfer to or share your information with selected third parties, as follows. We take all reasonable legal, technical, and organisational measures to ensure that your data is treated securely and with an adequate level of protection when transferred to or shared with such selected third parties.
Authorities. Viendo may disclose necessary information to authorities such as the police, tax agencies or other authorities if we are required by law or you agreed to it. An example of legally required sharing is for tax purposes
Divestment. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that Viendo sells or buys any business or assets, Viendo may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Viendo or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data about Viendo’s customers may be disclosed and transferred.
What we DO NOT do with your data. We will not sell your personal details to third parties unless we have obtained your permission to do so.
Where do we store your personal data?
We always strive to process your data within the EU/EEA. The data may however in certain situations be transferred to, and processed in, a destination outside of the EU/EEA by a Viendo Group company or by a supplier or subcontractor. As Viendo is committed to always protecting your data, Viendo will take all reasonable legal, technical, and organisational measures to ensure that your data is treated securely and with an adequate level of protection compared to and in line with at least the level of protection offered within the EU/EEA.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your data only as long as necessary to fulfil our contractual obligations towards you and as required by statutory retention periods. Where we keep your data for purposes beyond those of our contractual obligations, such as for book keeping, tax records and other legal requirements, we keep the data only as long as necessary and/or mandated by law for the respective purpose.
Your rights to access, rectification and erasure
- Right to access your data. You may request a transcript of records if you would like to know and verify the information we have on you. The transcript of records may be requested free of charge.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to correct inaccurate or incomplete information about yourself.
- Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”). You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data insofar as this personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose it was collected. However, as a bank, certain legal obligations prevent us from immediately deleting parts of your data. These obligations derive from accounting and tax laws, banking and anti-money laundering laws, but also consumer rights laws. What we will do is block the data that we must keep from being used for any other purposes than meeting such legal requirements.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. You have the right to lodge a complaint with supervisory authorities where their data have been processed in a way that does not comply with the GDPR. For more information on how to lodge a complaint, please visit https://www.datainspektionen.se/.
What about cookies and similar tracking technologies?
Viendo AB is registered in the Swedish companies register under the registration number 559108-8447 with principal place of business located at Nya Hamngatan 21, 852 29 Sundsvall, Sweden.
Viendo take data protection seriously, we are more than happy to answer any questions you might have on privacy and data protection. You can always reach Viendo at email@example.com.
Viendo AB is the responsible entity (controller) for the processing of your personal data as described above. Viendo AB is subject to Swedish data protection legislation